An ad hoc committee will conduct an independent review of the report The Impacts of Climate Change on Human Health in the United States: A Scientific Assessment. The review will provide an overall critique of the draft report and address the following questions:
- Does the report meet its stated goals?
- Is the report responsive to the nation’s needs for information on the health impacts of climate change and their potential implications?
- Does the report accurately reflect the scientific literature? Are there any critical content areas missing from the report?
- Are the approaches to quantitative modeling reasonable and adequately supported by existing literature?
- Are the findings documented in a consistent, transparent, and credible way?
- Are the report’s key messages and graphics clear and appropriate? Specifically, do they reflect supporting evidence, include an assessment of likelihood, and communicate effectively?
- Are the research needs identified in the report appropriate?
This study was sponsored by the United States Global Change Research Program, administered by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
This page intentionally left blank.